Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tell Angela Write Now What Book to Write for NANOWRIMO

Even though I have partaken in the 3 Day Novel contest and lived through it twice, something about NANOWRIMO gets to me. I allow myself very little time to write whatever I have just thought up. I have a schedule that tells me which novels I will write, and I am already into 2013. Which sounds horrid, but for me it’s necessary. To be able to give in to recent fancies I allow myself 2 off books. The one I write for the 3 day Novel contest, and the one I write for NANOWRIMO. Last year I survived the later, only to crash and burn in November, because I attempted to switch books halfway in. So I ended up with half of two books.

To avoid that I am trying to commit myself fully to one idea now. So I can stop thinking about it. Only probably is I don’t know which idea; someone please just tell me. I narrowed it down to 3.

The Elevator Underground: MG/ Adventure/ Urban Fantasy. All over the world, there are elevators hidden in the open, elevators that look like they lead to no where. Garan discovers one such elevator on the way home from school, and learns the truly great of our society have abandoned us.

Everlasting: YA Grim Fairytale. The sequel to Scorned. (Without too many spoilers) at the end of Scorned, Wills escapes into the gypsy forest. He’s lost his love, two castles, and his will to live. Now someone is looking for him, and they are willing to brave anything to get him back, but what are their real motives?

Cave Blind: YA post apocalyptic (romance). Years after humanity fled the surface, Isis still has trouble with the dark, she longs to see the sun, but that was before she realized she was blind; and that others survived outside the caves that she was born in.

Vote, then if you have a sec, I’d love if you would comment why you voted the way you did.

Thanks for voting! THE ELEVATOR UNDERGROUND won!

14 comments :

KCarey said...

I voted for the elevator, because it really captured my eye, but the sequel also sounds interesting. Mostly the words 'gypsy forest', which I don't know how you use it.. But I have a desire to use myself.

K.T. Hanna said...

Oooo - I read them from the bottom up and was actually going to vote for Cave Blind - but then I read the elevator and was like - no - this one.
Really caught my attention. Plus - it sounds like another step to take over the universe... just sayin.

Maria Zannini said...

I voted for the elevator story. At one time I might've preferred the apocalyptic one, but I think the market is already saturated with those.

Gayle Ramage said...

I voted for 'Cave Blind' as it will be interesting how you describe Isis's adventures without the sense of sight.

But they all sound great! Good luck with nanowrimo whatever you decide (I'm doing it this year, too).

Unknown said...

I voted for Cave Blind . . . it just sounds intriguing and different.

Sophia Chang said...

I'm glad to see the one I voted for is most people's favorite too :)

This is a really good idea for test-driving pitches! (Very Blake Snyder.)

Nice to meet you from the Campaign.

LynNerdKelley said...

All three sound great. At first I was also going to say the elevator story, but my logic says write the sequel because you're already familiar with the MC and the setting, his world, his history. I'm going to try NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, but it sounds like it's quite intense, and I think that writing a sequel might be easier to accomplish in a month's time. Good luck. Let us know which one you pick!

Leah said...

I voted for the The Elevator Underground, because it sounds brilliant, and seems like it would be a lot of fun to read and write.

Karen said...

I've always enjoyed your elevator idea! With all the Dr. Who I've been watching lately, this sounds perfect!! :)

Taylor Napolsky said...

elevators all the way!

Gail Shepherd said...

What a fun idea! I'm most taken with the Elevator Underground, I think.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I missed out on voting, but Elevators was definitely going to be my choice! Can't wait to see what you do with it! =)

Anonymous said...

I soooo would like you to do Elevators! I actually had a VERY similar idea following a dream I had! Creepy synchronicity, right? I'd love to read how your elevator world would look like :)
- andrea

ahmed said...

Even if they rely on friends and family, the task is still difficult and takes a lot of time and effort. Does not stop at this point, شركة نقل عفش