Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I’m Taking Over the World with Ali Cross. The GOOD NEWS Is You’re Invited.

I’ve told you about living under rocks.

pirateplusninja

 

NiNoCon DETAILS!

When: Saturday, February 4th (with kick-off Friday night)

Where: my brand new fancy-dancy website: NinjasWrite!

What: Ninja Novel Con (NiNoCon) a writer's conference that blows the lid off the box

Take the rest of August to put your own mark on this first annual conference by playing our #ninjatag contest!

Come up with the best tagline for our new conference and YOU could win a $50 Amazon gift card

and, even better, bragging rights!

To enter, just tweet your tagline using the hashtag #ninjatag.

You can enter as many times as you like between now and September 1st!

ninocontaglinecona

ALSO I need to talk about this:

haunted

My friend @ponies_studios is designing the real cover, until then this is a rather sad display of my limited skills that will serve as a placeholder when I talk about it.

What is Haunted Souls for Haunted Souls? It’s an Anthology of ghost stories that are Christmas/ Holiday/ Winter related. All proceeds will be going to Operation Homefront.

How can you be a part of this awesomeness? It’s easy, write a story and then submit to me at my email address you have on file or tell me on twitter and I can send you my address. When you send it to me, I will forward it to a panel of readers that will decide if you make the cut. Stories must be received by October 3rd.

Story Details: As previously stated they must all be ghost stories that are Christmas/ Holiday/ Winter related. They must also be between 3k-6k words in length, and as free of mistakes as you can get it yourself. I will have people who will help in the editing the final version, but since you are competing against others you wont be putting forth your best product if you don’t absolutely try to make it perfect.

What is a free pass, and how can I get one? If you have previously worked with me in other anthologies/ or in a different professional setting, and would like to be a part of Haunted Souls just let me know and I will keep a spot warm for you. Since I know we have other deadlines, since you do not have to be prescreened you may have until October 15th to complete your work.

BREAK! Now comment on NiNoCon and Haunted Souls below!

6 comments :

Amanda Rudd said...

Oh! This sounds like fun! I might have to try my hand at this. I've never done a ghost story before, but I've read plenty... Hmm... Time to kick-start the brainstorming...

Youth said...

I got some good writing done today I'm loving my story!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I'm more excited about, NiNoCon or Haunted Souls? Haha Either way, it's time to start brainstorming. I have a character in mind. Now I just have to form an actual plot line.

Jacquline Carrera
Author of Shapeshifting For The Win

Justin Dow said...

Cool! This is really exciting! I'll see if I can get the creative gears turning in the next few days. I hear these things called "weekends" are great for catching up on work. :D

Angela Kulig said...

LOL Weekends huh?

S.P. Sipal said...

Wonderful Angela! You are definitely someone to who makes things happen!