Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Can Has BLOG awards now!

I am what some bloggers would call a “Spill my guts” blogger.

I’m Angela, and I am addicted to telling you the complete truth as it randomly slides into my brainwaves. I’m OK with that. Oh darn I just dropped a Ritz sandwich on my keyboard.

Anyway, I do the blog for me. I know I should be doing it to promote my books—or some other far worthier cause but I do it because I like it. So I was a bit shocked to find out other bloggers wanted to give me shiny things for it it~~

Melanie McCullough who can be found here: http://melaniemccullough.blogspot.com Gave me the VV Award, and Kayleen Hamblin who can be found here: http://kayeleenscreations.blogspot.com/ gave me the SB award THANK YOU THANK YOU the pretties and the rules do follow:

blog_award,_stylish

Here are the rules of this award:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Here is who I have picked to receive this next: (I will be contacting you soon!)
1. VB Tremper http://vbtremper.wordpress.com/
2. Billie Jo Woods http://usaukwoods.wordpress.com/
3. Rhiannon http://rhiannonpaille.blogspot.com/
4. Ash http://typingtiara.blogspot.com/
5. Jen http://musingsfromthepeanutgallery.blogspot.com/

theversatile_blogger_award

This award comes with a few rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.

Here is who I am passing this on too:
1.  FARFETCHED http://farmanor.blogspot.com/
2. SM REINE http://www.smreine.com/
3. Patrician Lynne http://patricialynnestreasures.blogspot.com/
4. JEFRITZ http://jefritz.blogspot.com/
5. Jamie McHenry http://jamiemchenry.blogspot.com/ 

If you will notice, they have the same rules, you will also notice they both require seven random facts about myself. Well, you are in luck! I could think up random facts about myself every day for the rest of my life, so I decided I’d do 14! If none of these make you laugh or think, then you are DEAD to me.

Fact 14: All facts about me are completely random.

Fact 13: I make giant poster board progress charts for my WIP’s because I like it always looming over my head, and not because I like the smell of permanent marker. I swear.

Fact 12: I have 147…148 books in my house I have not read yet. NOT including reference books, which I rarely read anyway.

Fact 11: I have considered starting virtual witch hunts for people who slam anyone who does not traditionally publish. Yes, we would all love to be JK Rowling, but if you are screaming at the non legacy authors from a mountain at the top of your lungs you, on some level, feel threatened. If they were so inconsequential that they don’t even register as a BLIP on your radar then you wouldn't be talking about them at all.

Fact 10: I will read the blogs of authors who are more successful than I could ever dream of being, to motivate myself when I have all but given up.

Fact 9: Since I discovered Amanda Hocking’s blog I pretty much stalk it. Not in a creepy stalker fangirl kind of way, but she intrigues a different part of me than most writers do. I will preface this by saying most of my friends are writers, but most of them do not listen to the same kind of music I do and she does. SO I find myself wishing she weren’t the most famous writer on the interwebs so that I could drop her a line. Though I would still probably be way to shy to do it.

Fact 8: I am the most social, antisocial person you will ever meet. I am a Libra and that makes me occasionally want to be the center of attention which I do on an occasional whim, crave, but I don’t want to be everyone's best friend. I don’t want or need to have something to do every weekend (unless you count writing) I’d rather just sit around with ink all over myself and read.

Fact 7: Somehow I have Word in Spanish which sucks because my Spanish is worse than my English, and French.

Fact 6: I am half Hispanic, don’t be confused by earlier post, or my whiteness.

Fact 5: I walked away from an internet fight I want to start last week, and I have regretted it ever since. Someone, said last week that 99 cent ebooks were RUINING American Literature. She said it to a blog full of literary types, and was bigger and badder than sad little Angela with her <70 be them AWESOME blog followers so I just let it be BUT I AM GOING TO TELL YOU! You know what is ruining American Literature? The fact that it’s UNCOOL and UNACCESSABLE to people who would be a fantastic market for it! Here is a news flash for the people who think they are only worth something with an outrageous dollar amount attached to their name. People can’t afford food and a roof over their heads, if you think they can afford to drop $25 on your hardback book you are BLIND and an asshole retracted. Winking smile

Fact 4: I could talk about that last subject all day, one day there will be a blog post about it here.

Fact 3: I tend to write in SUPER run-on sentences when I am upset or excited about something.

Fact 2: I listen to Arcade Fire so the hipsters wont beat me up. I listen to PANIC! At the Disco because they are my favorite band.

Fact 1: I am deathly afraid of failure, but I strive for it anyway. It keeps me going with out getting my hopes up.

12 comments :

Karen said...

Love reading your random facts! :)

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

Congrats on your awards. And I love your random things. Especially the bands! Great music.

Patricia JL said...

Those are great facts. I do believe I haven't gotten the award you gave me. Yay and thanks. =)

Jamie McHenry said...

Fun facts! Thanks.

J E Fritz said...

Aw, thanks for the award :). I love that you're the most social anti-social person. You sound like fun to hang out with.

M.J. Fifield said...

I love your list of facts. I'm a little afraid to count all the still as yet unread books in my house.

Congratulations on your awards...

Angela Kulig said...

MJ- One day when I was putting off writing (that never happens ;) I counted SAD

JEFRITZ- you are so welcome! Feel free to hang out with me on Twitter any time, or I will entertain almost anyone who wants to come to Vegas!

Kayleen WOO HOO Music Rocks ^^

Pretty Things said...

Loved this post!

Are you on GoodReads.com by chance?

I read ALL sorts of books, including free and .99 ones. I have read a book recently by a Pulitzer Prize winner that I gave a one star to and I ended up being made to feel stupid about it -- as in, *I* was the one too stupid to understand the blah blah specialness blah blah depth blah blah nuance blah blah etc.

Isn't it possible the man just wrote a crap book? It does happen.

Angela Kulig said...

PT- Yeah it DOES happen, you know I am not on GR but I keep meaning to be! Should get on that soon!

Anonymous said...

Great facts, Angela, and thanks for the award!

-Vicki

Jennifer said...

It's great stuff. I get it more new information through your blog.

register website name

website hostings said...

I learned new information through your blog. Its simple and perfect collections. I am new guy for this blog.