Monday, November 7, 2011

The dashboard melted, but we still have the radio. Or in this case, the book launch.

Motivational songs for writers come in many forms and even more odd genres. Usually for general motivation purposes in writing; I prefer songs like Eye of the Tiger, and Vampire Money. No matter what your beliefs are about the overuse of the undead, most of us would admit to being OK with the money and fame Stephenie Meyer has achieved.

Everyone else would be lying.

With all the book launch drama, you would think I'd remember I was gearing up for one! Instead I have become almost fixated with other events to keep me from feeling bad about it. But no more! This week I am getting my priorities in order.

The dash board may have melted, but I still have the radio! Which given my love of motivation music, I'd say it's the best possible scenario. And it could have been, should have been worse than you would ever know, but it wasn't. So I should be thankful, and get my butt in gear!
Yay for Modest Mouse, who made my Monday that much more motivational!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

We use music to help us write scenes sometimes - good luck with the book launch!