Saturday, April 9, 2011

Judge a Book by Its Cover

PigmentsOfMyImagination-CoverC1

I originally wrote this whole long complicated post included the WHY but really, that should be for another day.

This is me, revealing the Cover to my new book PIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION which will be available to purchase on Amazon on May 30th, 2011

PIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION is a YA Urban Fantasy ::ROMANCE::

The eyes are the window to the soul, and Lucia paints them better than anyone else in the world.

I plan to blog about PIGMENTS at least once a week until release day, so don’t blink. Sorry, inside joke.

Take a sec and tell me what you think about the cover, and if you are curious about the amazing artist responsible for this work you can check her out on twitter. You can find a link to her website, and she will be talking about it soon too!

@JenBrookman

Also, don’t forget about my blog contest, after that I will be running a brand new one that has more to do with the book.

17 comments :

Unknown said...

Really love the cover! It's simple yet effective. I think I need to get my eyes tested as I didn't notice the swan right away!

Patricia JL said...

That's a beautiful cover! It's got a lot going on, but not too much to where it become overwhelming. Definitely grabs attention.

Angela Kulig said...

Gayle you are not the first person to say that! One of my test people said "What Swan?" lol Glad you like it Patricia, I really need it to grab attention.

Allison said...

But... but... it's a BOOK! By YOU! Did I miss something? I don't think I had ANY IDEA about this! This is SO COOL! And it's, like, SOON!

Also, gorgeous artwork! I love love love it! :D

Angela Kulig said...

Allison, it will make more sense after you read that blog post I will put out next week. "Two Books, Both Alike in Fair Verona"

Although, I wouldn't say soon ;) I have been writing more than half my life. lol

Allison said...

Well, I mean the release is soon! And sure, you write a lot, but this is actually, like, something people can buy! That's big!
And dude, seriously? I have to wait until NEXT WEEK!? *sigh* *glances at watch* *waits impatiently* :)

Angela Kulig said...

... You realize tomorrow is next week right? ^^

Aubrie said...

Beautiful cover! Goes well with your title.

Jamie McHenry said...

It's a fantastic cover. Nice work. Can't wait to hear more about your novel.

Laurie said...

Eye-catching cover, but I love love LOVE the title!! :D So excited for you, chica!!

Corinne O said...

Beautiful cover. I didn't see the swan until the second or third look. Love the title of your book as well. Congrats! (new follower)

Karen said...

*Squeeeeeeeeeeeee* Lookin' good, lookin' REAL good! *muah* :)

Angela Kulig said...

Corrine welcome! Jen did such a fanstic job on the book cover, it is perfect for the title and story in so many ways! I can't wait to share it with you all.

Laurie I am glad you like it! I do too ^^ Titles are a thing with me ;)

Thanks Jamie I am really really excited about it.

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful cover! Congrats! And thanks for following me on twitter... ; )

Carol Riggs said...

Gorgeous cover!!! And I didn't see the swan til I gazed at it for a little longer--but that is really need, the layers there. Makes it that much more interesting. :) Hope your book does well! Nice to meet you and your blog (I followed you home from Twitter).

Shanona Ryder said...

I love the artwork! (Yes, I'm one of those who didn't notice the swan at first!).
Congrats on your book!!! =D I can't wait to read it...and the title is awesome! =)

ereader89 said...

Great cover and title! If I was in a bookstore I would pick it up for that reason alone.